Saturday, January 05, 2013

Getaway

This afternoon I combined two songs into one, by taking the main lyrics from "It's going to take all night" and the melody from a piece that started as an improv one night while playing my synth rack. The improv pieces I attribute to Flux Oersted, the experimental audio wing of IMS. When I polish something into a finished form, then it becomes an N=108 song. That's where I'm at now. I like the duality of running two bands, one improv and experimental, another finished, programmatic, and commercial. Flux Oersted music is free, but N=108 will try to get paid. We may be seeing a live band version of Flux Oersted again soon. Sam Hancock has made some overtures that we may try it again. The line-up is open to who we may invite to join us. Some of the folks I'd like to have in a band are probably not going to be able to pull the load of being in this kind of band though. Let's just say that "automatic for the people" is a catch phrase that may apply to any band called Flux Oersted. For now, you get the two headed hydra-band Flux Oersted/N=108. The song I recorded today is called Getaway.

No comments: