Thursday, August 09, 2012

Process of Making Stuff

The Next Big Thing

I've been thinking about my next record album for a while, and thought for a while that I didn't have enough material to start. Actually, it turns out that I've got enough material to reject most of what I had, but that left me with a firm preamble of material that rocks. I've got to keep rejecting songs that are not good enough for a strong next offering.

I thought about some songs that have my traditional synth bass and strings arrangements, and have moved onto songs that are irregular from my past offerings.

There are some songs that I used to like, and some of them have never been recorded. I'm working with songs that were written in 1982, and they are better than anything I've composed since then. I just hope I can tie them together with songs that originated in the new technology. The older songs are more player oriented, whereas the newer stuff is more voice oriented, more of a sound gimmick than the songs that I originally wrote on piano.

Some of these songs are sort of orchestral in nature, and have parts that I have to coordinate and sync in the scheme of things, but we have the technology.

No comments: