Monday, September 01, 2008

What Have You Been Up To?


I am often accused of sounding like a chatterbot, usually when someone doesn't understand my remarks, but perhaps more often than that. I would say that I am 99% robotized. That is to say, my inner soul gyroscope of humanity is less than 1%. It doesn't take much. A little goes a long way. But if I sound like a robot, maybe I am.

The inevitable question of "what have you been up to today" is usually hard to answer. Unless I've been keeping score, I might not even know this one. How do I summarize nothing? Should I just say "nothing" or "not much?" One tires of that quickly. If I spend my morning thinking about a problem, or writing something down that I made up, then a solid response would have to summarize those thoughts and sometimes I'm just not willing to go there. I mean no disrespect, but if I'm going to be accused of being a robot for saying it, then maybe it isn't worth saying.

No comments: