Saturday, April 19, 2008

Soundclick Value, Oddity Bugs


Soundclick.com is a great place to purchase mp3 files if you like paypal and can find something you like there. It is an artist's community, so there is a wide variety of styles and quality. Most of the time, you can listen to something before you buy it, and many times the author generously gives away pieces, though that also varies.

The drawback, and probably an impediment to selling your songs on soundclick is that you can only sell to members. The process is that you create an account and put some money into the account and then you go about actually purchasing things.

Okay, Gforce Oddity, I have found some bugs in the VST synth. If you use more than one instance of oddity on a song on Sonar, some of the characteristics of the voices you choose get changed. I worked with one song recently for quite a while with no problems, and then suddenly the envelope changed on my 2nd instance of oddity. I tried rebooting. I tried deleting the synth and re-installing it, changing the voice and changing it back. After it went south, I couldn't get it to come back. The serendipity was that I was much more satisfied with the impOSCar voice that I used instead.

No comments: